Interactions with employers and volunteers from business help young people to identify clear career paths, inspire their choices and help them to develop crucial employability skills. But links between education and business are hard to forge and difficult to maintain...
Watch this video from last year's pilot Adviser programme in Northamptonshire:
So what’s the Oxfordshire plan?
The O2i Adviser programme – delivered by O2i on behalf of OxLEP and funded through the Careers and Enterprise Company - is recruiting a community of O2i Advisers who will work directly with the leadership of local schools to develop an effective employer engagement programme for students – the need for which was identified in research carried out in 2014.
- O2i’s Enterprise Coordinator will support recruitment of Advisers from Oxfordshire’s vibrant and innovative business community.
- O2i Advisers will have the experience, expertise and enthusiasm to support senior managers in schools to bring local context to the delivery of careers and enterprise education.
- O2i Advisers will then be able to identify the best local volunteers to link with their school and facilitate the interactions between volunteers from business and students.
We need to find and recruit Oxfordshire’s most dedicated Advisers made up of people just like you :
Would you love the opportunity to inspire local young people and support their independent career choices?
Are you well connected to a variety of employers and businesses (and looking to expand your network)?
Do you already have knowledge of, or are you interested in learning about, Oxfordshires’ labour market information with appreciation of how powerful this knowledge is for your business and for young people’s career choices?
One meeting per month with the school you link with.
The opportunity to inspire Oxfordshire’s next generation to make informed choices about their futures, improve their employability skills and strengthen our future workforce.
Invitations to our unique, regional and national Adviser events.
Regular updates on local labour market information.
Substantial links to a wide array of business networks and increased awareness of organisations, both local and national that can help support schools with activities in these areas.
Extensive recognition for your business and yourself as we shout about all the wonderful work you’re doing both as an Adviser and within your own organisation.
The opportunity to join our vibrant Adviser community, strongly linked to the national Adviser network thanks to the Careers & Enterprise Company.
Build a reputation for yourself and your business as the go-to networker and knowledge broker for education business links.
We promise you
• friendly, one-on-one support
• a toolkit to help you work with the schools including induction training
To apply for this opportunity, or to find out more, please contact Rebecca